December 8, 2020
If you pick up the most recent issue of Indianapolis Monthly, you’ll find the names of some of our favorite people inside—namely the 13 Goodman Campbell doctors named to Indianapolis Monthly’s 2020 Top Doctors list.
“We’re honored to have so many of our subspecialists in the care of the brain, spine, and nervous system on the Top Doctors list,” said Jean-Pierre Mobasser, Goodman Campbell president and 2020 Top Doctor honoree. “And since collaboration between our physicians is such an important part of our approach to patient care, we see it as a true testimony to our entire team.”
Our top doctor honorees this year include specialists in adult and pediatric neurological surgery, pain medicine, and diagnostic radiology. The honorees are:
- Andrew DeNardo, Diagnostic Radiology
- Christopher Doran, Pain Medicine
- Eric Horn, Neurological Surgery
- Steven James, Neurological Surgery
- Saad Khairi, Neurological Surgery
- Shannon McCanna, Neurological Surgery
- Jean-Pierre Mobasser, Neurological Surgery
- Troy Payner, Neurological Surgery
- Eric Potts, Neurological Surgery
- Carl Sartorius, Neurological Surgery
- John Scott, Diagnostic Radiology
- Jodi Smith, Neurological Surgery
- Derron Wilson, Pain Medicine
The Top Doctors list, published each November, includes doctors from more than 60 specialties. To select the doctors, Castle Connolly Medical, Ltd., an independent research and information company, first surveys Central Indiana physicians to learn who doctors themselves say they’d go to for care.
They then evaluate prospective candidates on professional qualifications, education, hospital and faculty appointments, research leadership, professional reputation and disciplinary history—as well as interpersonal skills such as listening and communicating effectively, demonstrating empathy, and instilling trust and confidence.